Observations from Devils Lake,Oregon, while Homeschooling, I mean Lake Schooling, learning about birds and the cycles of water, and whatever we observe in Nature.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Canadian Geese with their Goslings

Last week we Nathan and I were out in the boat and drove by 6 Geese swimming closely together with more than 15 goslings, small yellow fuzzy – So Cute!  I pulled out my trusty Canon and um. Ya. Memory card was in the laptop.

It has been stormy with huge waves in the lake ever since – but tonight – I got to go out on the lake by myself to take some pictures – picked up a friend on the other side of the lake, took some more, then drove home.  On the ride home – the geese were in the exact same spot from last week.  YEAH. I was too fearful of getting close, so these shots are taken at about 40 % digital zoom.  . . .  while driving the boat. :)

IMG_4724IMG_4721  IMG_4726 IMG_4729 IMG_4735

Here is a greatlink to information on Canadian Geese - complete with color sheets if you’d like to more looking. :)

It was getting past sunset, I was by myself, and still had a ways to go to get the boat home – So I clicked and Dashed. Maybe tomorrow evening if it is nice I’ll try again. :)

Here is a dark quick Video.

No comments: