Observations from Devils Lake,Oregon, while Homeschooling, I mean Lake Schooling, learning about birds and the cycles of water, and whatever we observe in Nature.

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Joy of Morning!

Oh the Joy of Morning!
Water Flat.
Birds Singing.
Air Crisp.
Mist Rising.
Salt Air Hanging in the Honeysuckle.
Canoes Slicing.
Through the morning calm.
How Do I Paddle Through the Morning Calm?
Let it envelope me. I cling to the peace. To the Freshness.
To the uncertainty of the day. For the Hope of Christ’s Return.
Knowing He has sent a Comforter while we wait.
I sip the coffee. Wet my toes on morning dew. Pet the dog. 
Deep breath that comes from the fresh aroma of a new day.

DSCN1936
Sunrise on the Lake on the Eve of Independence Day - 2010.
   DSCN1951DSCN1953DSCN1949
This is the most Pink/Red/Purple I could pull in on a tiny pocket camera. I can tell you that what the eye saw – and what my Nikon L22 Coolpix Saw were two different things. But this one was close-ish.


 DSCN1943DSCN1959
Sun Rises over these trees – it is still the 5 o clock hour. Pinks and blues are lighting.  This corner is our house – the house behind “Our Yearly Tree” is the neighbor’s.

DSCN1938
Year Long Tree Study – In Summer – At Sunrise.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful setting to do a sunrise tree study! Breath-taking!