Observations from Devils Lake,Oregon, while Homeschooling, I mean Lake Schooling, learning about birds and the cycles of water, and whatever we observe in Nature.

Friday, July 09, 2010

Advection Fog

We are learning about Advection Fog this week over at Some Schooling -  Here are some pictures from this morning.  Day 3 of the high pressure heat flow off the Pacific Ocean onto the Central Oregon Coast and over East Devils Lake. :)

6 am
 1 Advection Fog Devils Lake Oregon 2 Advection Fog Devils Lake Oregon

Evaporation fog pulling up from the Advection Fog. Hard to photograph! Showing how the fog moves off in a period of 5 minutes, these were taken at 7am.

Double Click the Photos Below for a larger view.

3 Advection Fog Devils Lake Oregon 4 Advection Fog Devils Lake Oregon 5 Advection Fog Devils Lake Oregon 6 Evaporation Fog Advection Fog Devils Lake Oregon 7 Advection Fog Devils Lake Oregon        

This last one is for my dad, shot straight up from the deck close to the coffee pot – so he doesn’t chicken out and not come on Monday. Had to show what was going on behind me. :)Blue Sky



3 comments:

Sherm said...

OK, I LIKE that blue sky! :-) So far, it looks like Monday afternoon sometime I'll roll in up there.

Sherm said...

OK, the Blue Sky did it! If all goes well, I plan to be rolling in sometime Monday afternoon.

Hopewell said...

I happened to check my email and saw you'd just, just now stopped by my blog! Thanks! I also look forward to exploring your blogs!