Observations from Devils Lake,Oregon, while Homeschooling, I mean Lake Schooling, learning about birds and the cycles of water, and whatever we observe in Nature.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Fishing at Dusk

Homeschool, Dad, Fishing, Devils Lake, Lincoln City, Oregon

What a glorious day on the coast today!  I started my morning with a two and a half mile walk on the beach, blue skies, white wave caps, green glass waves.  We took the boys to a favorite spot for a couple of hours this afternoon to play in the tide pools, then home this evening to this glorious weather.  I BBQ’d some angus beef while the boys tried their hand at some trout fishing on Devils Lake. We’ve seen quite a few jumping, but did not see any or get any hits tonight. We still do not have all of the proper registration, so we just paddle a little bit out into the deeper water and enjoy. :) I’m a bit sad that they didn’t get a bite – but not as deeply as I am GLAD that I’m not cleaning fish right now. . . . .  (but don’t tell the boys).

Homeschool, Dad, Fishing, Devils Lake, Lincoln City, Oregon-1

Lake Unschooling on the Oregon Coast. :) 

No comments: